Construction and demolition waste management training for site managers – CODESMABack To Map
Development of an innovative course on waste management for site managers.
The project’s main priority is to enhance the relevance of VET provision for construction site managers by modernising their construction supervision and management skills via construction and demolition (C&D) waste management training within the latest Circular Economy EC regulations.
• Coventry University, United Kingdom, promoter
• PROMEA - Hellenic Society for the Promotion of Research and Development Methodologies, Greece
• Bildungszentren des Baugewerbes e.V. (BZB), Germany
• VšĮ Vilniaus statybininkų rengimo centras, Lithuania
• Polskie Stowarzyszenie Menedżerów Budownictwa, Poland
The main aim is to develop an innovative course on waste management, to support site managers to address modern skills needs with regards to environmental sustainability awareness, knowledge, supervision and site organisation competences.
Definition of appropriate learning outcomes and development of a training course to address C&D waste management skills needs, to enhance relevant VET provision for site managers.
Introduction of modern training methods in the form of Open Educational Resources and Vocational Open Online Course (VOOC).
Support of the integration of C&D waste management skills into EU certification & standardisation schemes.
There is a need to provide the construction sector, and especially renovation and demolition companies, with up-skilled site managers capable to:
- supervise on-site works regarding waste identification, separation and collection at source,
- follow the instructions of the pre-demolition audits,
- implement adequate dismantling and demolition practices,
- execute waste management plans for site-works,
- eliminate hazardous waste,
- deal with technical and organization challenges,
- ensure the safety of workers,
- consult with customers, architects, workers and other involved agents.
The project delivers a transnational course to support the EU Construction & Demolition Waste Management Protocol (2016), wich aims to promote sustainable solutions on an EU level. It can be applicable across the EU construction sector avoiding the duplication of effort. It also provides an opportunity for all involved agents in the construction industry (sector representatives, VET providers, field experts) to upskill current staff, as well as to offer modernised IVET to students looking for employment as site managers, renovators and constructors.
|Name of Organisation:||Viešoji įstaiga Vilniaus statybininkų rengimo centras|
|Address:||Laisvės pr. 53, Vilnius 07191|
|Contact Name:||Danielius Burokas|
|Contact Phone:||+370 614 69010; +370 (5) 2423581|