Explore a range of online platforms for trainers and educators during the Covid-19.
The European Commission provides a range of interesting online training resources for students, teachers and educators.
Online learning resources
The outbreak of Covid-19 in Europe and necessary national measures taken to tackle the spread of the virus may cause significant disruption to the provision of education, training and mobility opportunities for learners, teachers and educators across the European Union (EU).
Online tools – like many digital tools (online and offline) – can serve different educational purposes:
- connecting educators and learners with each other when in separate locations,
- accessing information and environments not usually available in every home or institution,
- supporting continued professional development of educators in a flexible way.
To help ensure continuity in education and training activities, there is a wide range of online learning materials made available online:
An upcoming review of the Digital Education Action Plan in mid-2020 will further support the development of online learning at different levels of education across Europe.
- Digital Education Action Plan: The Digital Education Action Plan sets out measures to help EU Member States meet the challenges and opportunities of education in the digital age.
- Digital Education Hackathon: The Digital Education Hackathon Global Awards foster the creation of solutions to education challenges in the digital age.
- ‘Shaping Europe’s digital future’: The European Commission has been working to coordinate, complement and initiate measures to deal with every aspect of the coronavirus pandemic. Digital, media and telecoms play a vital role.